Ok mommas I cannot lose the 10 lbs that I need to lose so I have decided to find work arounds.
Here are 10 tips on how to dress 10 lbs slimmer. (Hey it is the next best thing plus I can eat a cookie.)
- Cover those bat wigs – If your arms have those little bat wings underneath or are just a tad on the flabby, misshapen side wear a shrug or cardigan with tops that expose the upper part of your arm. Choose t-shirts or blouses that cover that part of your arm
2.Choose the right shoe – no ankle straps, they cut you off at the ankle and make you look shorter. Slimmer cut or kitten heels help elongate your look. Avoid chunky shoes if you are self-conscious about your legs
3. Slimming Jeans– they are by no means easy to find good ones, but really apply yourself. Try on as many brands & sizes as needed until you find the ones that give you a nice flat front and don’t give you muffin top. And remember the golden rule – darker is better
4. A line or Empire Waist – this cut of dress does wonders and a bonus is you do not have to suck in all day.
5. Wear a belt – I know women with a little meat on them tend to shy away from belts but they help so so much. If you are wearing a dress make sure you choose a bigger belt (no skinny belts) something that provides a corset type of look.
6. Shapewear – I know you hear me say it all the time, but it is so true and so easy. Go invest in a descent tummy, butt, thigh (whatever your problem area is) shaper. In fact I give this advice so often I am not even putting a picture.
7. Do you have big boobies that you want to minimize? – Check out last weeks post for proper bra fit, an absolute must . Also V-necks are great. If you are wearing a button down try a cute tank
8. Larger jewelry – a big stylish statement necklace can make you look taller and it draws attention to areas where you want people to look
9.Monochromatic – all one color (tan, white or neutrals) can give you a polished, long & lean look
10. Longer sweaters and cardigans – they cover all the bumpy places and just look awesome.